The device combines a Layer 1 switch, FPGA card and an x86 server platform, which act as the building blocks for a variety of applications, ranging from data capture, intrusion detection and firewalls to feed handlers and pre-trade risk checks. The platform includes storage, board management, extra memory and the ability to connect to an external server. "It allows firms to put their most important business logic within network devices, rather than distributed across multiple physical devices,"
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse