Over the past year, Icap has ramped up staff and infrastructure dedicated to creating robust processes around data monitoring to handle an ongoing “explosion of data” from internal and external sources, says Icap global head of information services Kevin Taylor, who estimates that the broker’s data arm now processes 450 million data updates per day via its platforms, compared to 30 million updates five years ago.
“The processing power, storage requirements and infrastructure required just to
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground