SIX currently owns 49.9 percent of Stoxx and 50.1 percent of Indexium, but will sell the shares to Deutsche Börse, after deciding that the global index business is "not part of SIX's core mandate," and subsequently receiving "an attractive offer at the end of June 2015," from Deutsche Börse to acquire the shares in Stoxx and Indexium, which the companies have operated as joint ventures since 1998 and 2010, respectively.
"We quickly agreed on a deal that is fair for both parties. We are confident
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming