European exchange group Euronext has selected SSE Infonet, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Shanghai Stock Exchange, to act as the exchange's market data provider in China to enhance the visibility and accessibility of Euronext's listed companies, markets and products, and help facilitate Chinese investors' investment in the European markets.
Initially, the partnership will focus on the educating the Chinese market on the equities available on Euronext, which include 50 percent of the Euro Stoxx 50 constituents and other hi-tech stocks that are of particular interest to investors in China. In the next phase, Euronext and SSE will refine the data packages available to reflect specific demand for Euronext data.
"By acting as domestic sales and marketing agent of Euronext market data, we believe this strategic co-operation can enrich product line for local information vendors and strengthen local investors' knowledge to manage their investment portfolio," says Bo Que, vice president of the Shanghai Stock Exchange in a statement.
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit