Illuminate announced earlier this week that it has completed the first round of capital raising for its new IFM Fintech Opportunities Fund, which seeks to identify, validate and invest Series A and series seed funding into financial technology platforms serving the capital markets and market data space. As investors, Markit and Deutsche Börse will have a prorata ownership via their investment in the IFM fund, but not necessarily a direct holding in any company Illuminate invests in.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act