Cost control continues to be a major challenge for buy-side firms. "We have a lot of conversations with clients about what they need, and about decommissioning what they are not using-understanding who is using what, and how much it costs," said Tom Gooding, vice president of Asia sales at Rimes Technologies. "One asset manager told us that for every dollar spent on licensing data, it spends $3 more internally on managing that data."
In some areas where cost is spiraling, firms may actually revi
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse