"Firms must continue to abide by their obligations under UK law, including those derived from EU law and continue with implementation plans for legislation that is still to come into effect," the FCA said in a statement.
While MiFID 2 is expected to come into effect on Jan. 3, 2018, the earliest date the UK could actually leave the EU is July 3, 2018, assuming Article 50-the clause of the 2009 Treaty of Lisbon that has to be triggered for the UK to leave the EU-is invoked today, July 4, 2016. A
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won