Although the exact circumstances surrounding the acquisition-terms of which were not disclosed-remain unclear, sources say that its structure suggests financial worries at Aleri may have forced a sale. Specifically, by acquiring the assets and making offers to the staff it wishes to retain rather than buying the company outright, Sybase absolves itself of any outstanding debts or liabilities of Aleri.
Sybase officials say that's just the way they like to do business. And while they decline to com
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act