This week alone, European multilateral trading facility Chi-X tied the knot with data technology provider Cicada, while Swedish news provider Direkt divorced Swedish electronic publishing house Bisnode to elope with Norwegian data vendor Infront, and Interactive Data remarried the NTT Data Financial Corp. subsidiary of Japan's NTT data, the two having previously divorced in the 1990s.
Chi-X's purchase of Cicada gives the market operator a second, established technology platform at its fingertips,
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II