Sometimes stories take on a life of their own. This week’s reports on the Merrill Lynch-Thomson Financial deal are a perfect example.
We actually broke this story last Tuesday morning. For those of you who do not subscribe to our alerts (see www.insidemarketdata.com to sign up), we revealed that the deal has suffered a number of delays, that the champion of the deal at Merrill has left and that Thomson has not yet been paid for its work.
Note what we did not say: that Reuters will take over th
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit