In last week’s column, I discussed the importance of low-latency data, whether or not you’re active in low-latency trading. And this week’s news makes it hard for me to resist returning to the topic again.
Now, I know some of our readers who deal in areas of pricing and data less impacted by latency sometimes feel like the redundant third guest on a date between the financial markets and latency (Awkward!). But faster is generally better—assuming speed doesn’t impact quality—and if you could do
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership