At industry association FISD's World Financial Information Conference in San Francisco, Jeff Wells, vice president of product marketing at Exegy and co-chair of the Financial Information Forum's market data capacity working group, says that data volumes and capacity issues are a concern for all market participants, and at all levels within their organizations.
With market data traffic setting new record peak volumes last Friday, Oct. 7 (6.65 million messages per second), the markets remain highly volatile, though speakers on a panel moderated by Wells expressed optimism that technology is advancing fast enough to handle the increases, but added that standards around measurement are needed to support capacity planning decisions.
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Fintech Could Demolish Europe’s Capital Markets Union Barriers