Taking direct feeds from exchanges into proprietary systems rather than from market data suppliers drives down market data latency. But forgoing the added value of a consolidated feed can be a bumpy road with new data management challenges.
Data can be messy for many reasons. There is no time synchronization between liquidity venues. Exchanges use different message protocols—especially in emerging markets—and instrument identifiers, which complicate cross-border trading. Exchange data can wind u
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech