Research firm Gartner characterizes Big Data as a combination of the three “Vs”—volume, variety and velocity—which it updated in 2012 to high-volume, high-variety and high-velocity. Big Data also implies a requirement for new, higher-performance storage and processing capabilities, the inclusion of unstructured and volatile data, and the generation of business value from processing this data.
In one sense, the term refers to extreme data management: The challenges represented by higher—and ever-
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit