"Data is the next big thing, but with it comes technology challenges," said William Woo, technical evangelist at Sybase. "I'm talking about hundreds of thousands of messages per second-so what technology is available to make use of this type of data? And you need to store some for reporting and regulatory compliance-how will firms handle these excessive amounts of data?"
Arcontech chief executive Andrew Miller said that Western vendors bring experience of dealing with these problems.
"A lot of pro
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Fintech Could Demolish Europe’s Capital Markets Union Barriers