Respondents to audience polls during the panel felt credit was the hardest asset class to obtain reliable data for, followed by equity derivatives and commodities, and that firms need a mix of local and global vendors, brokers and in-house teams to source the range of data types required to support trading in hot asset classes.
"The problem is that credit isn't hot at the moment," said Elliott Hann, head of data sales for Asia Pacific at GFI. "Most people are actually now in the iTraxx indexes. T
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming