"This is an unprecedented time for the financial markets," Bellegarde told delegates. "With this in mind, transparent data has never been more important.... While it may not have prevented the current crisis, [without current levels of transparency] the crisis could have got even more out of control."
The market is also seeing change in the form of new trading venues created as a result of last year's Markets in Financial Instruments Directive. "These are all seeking to exploit inefficiencies
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act