The EC is to investigate US credit rating agencies in light of the volatility sparked this summer by the US sub-prime mortgage market's nosedive. The EC's response came on the same day that French president Nicholas Sarkozy wrote to Angela Merkel, German chancellor and head of the Group of Eight industrial nations, about the credit market turmoil. In the letter, Sarkozy questioned the "exact role" of the rating agencies in identifying risk.
An annual review of the agencies by CESR examines th
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II