Obtaining quality market and historical data will be a key element in the effort to raise the level of algorithmic trading in Canada, according to executives who spoke at a panel discussion hosted by the Toronto Stock Exchange last week.
While the TSX is seeing more use of algorithmic trading, it still lags well behind levels in the US, according to Robert Fotheringham, vice president of structured and derivative products at TSX Markets. He says it is estimated that 40 percent of US trades wi
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling