Market data managers face three key challenges in their efforts to control costs, including vendor pricing models, according to Edmund Flynn, director, market data services at Fidelity Investments.
Flynn, who spoke at last week's Waters Congress 2004 in New York, says the first is the increasing cost of managing tick volume growth. As volumes continue to increase, firms need to invest in bandwidth and hardware. Yet while the economic benefits are not always clear—for example, staff such as in
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit