"It's better to ask permission ... than beg forgiveness," said State Street's John White in his keynote speech at the Inside Reference Data conference in New York last year, referring to the use of reference data throughout an enterprise.
A prime example is the recent battle, taken to the US Courts of Appeal, between the IntercontinentalExchange (Ice) and the New York Mercantile Exchange (Nymex), which pushed data usage and ownership further up the agenda this summer. The case, running since
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit