When Shakespeare’s Juliet uttered the immortal line “what’s in a name?” it was clear she had not grasped the intricacies of good data management in the financial services sector.
The mantra is simple—a single company ought to be known by a single company name.
This is straightforward in theory, but in practice, databases containing company names are riddled with inconsistencies.
Human error is an obvious contributing factor. Omissions of apostrophes and accents, the misspelling of words, local n
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming