Seven articles were left out of the regulation and put into a less legally binding directive:
- Article 21: The most controversial MiFID article, this sets out the rules for best execution of orders.
- Article 4: Specifies the circumstances under which a recommendation can be considered investment advice.
- Article 13: Refers to the organizational requirements with which investment firms must comply in order to be allowed to offer investment services or perform investment activities.
- Article 1
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit