LONDON - Now that the European Commission has released the Level 2 draft of MiFID, most financial firms expect the November 2007 implementation date to be finalized any day now.
The new requirements may come with a high price tag. The cost of implementing the MiFID regulations for investment banks could mount up to £5 billion in IT expenditures, says Chris Pickles, manager of industry relations at BT Radianz and chairman of the MiFID Joint Working Group.
However, such costs are not a certainty
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp