Eddie Astanin, chairman of the National Settlement Depository, was elected by Russian firms, and is expected to be approved at Swift's annual meeting June 11
Russian financial institutions have elected Eddie Astanin, chairman of the National Settlement Depository (NSD), to represent them on the board of Swift, the global data messaging and services provider.
Swift is expected to approve the appointments of new members of its board at its annual general meeting on June 11. The board comprises 25 members from the countries with the most message traffic and each member is elected for a three-year term.
"In 2015, for the first time in history, a representative of Russia will join the highest executive body of Swift, one of the major providers of communications services in the financial markets," says Astanin. "This decision is a great honor and responsibility for me."
Astanin has chaired NSD since 2010, and his career includes executive roles at the National Depository Center and the Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange.
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership