HSBC is among a number of firms that have chosen to implement MARS ahead of the March deadline for stricter margin requirements for non-centrally cleared over-the-counter derivatives. MARS provides cross-product, cross-asset support for Dodd-Frank and EMIR compliance, effective capture of legal documentation, automated messaging, risk analytics and portfolio reconciliations.
"It's a business imperative to trade these types of instruments, so compliance too becomes a business imperative," says K
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling