Cantor Fitzgerald Securities Corp. has launched an online system for tri-party repurchase obligation (REPO) agreements. The system, called Safetycash, gives money managers direct access to REPO transactions from their IBM-compatible PCs via dialup phone line.
Safetycash links the investor with a custodian bank -- currently Bank of New York, with Manufacturers Hanovers Trust Co. to join shortly. The third party to the deal is Cantor, which provides collateral at fixed rates.
Although such prim
A look at Nasdaq's potential acquisition of Cinnober and whether Wall Street has learned anything 10 years after Lehman's collapse?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 137: Bloomberg on Data Fragmentation
- Firms Vent Frustrations with Vendor Relationships
- Banks Fortify to Spin Money from Their Own Data
- Data Issues Still Seen as Higher Investment Priority than AI
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 138: Nasdaq-Cinnober Tie-up & 10 Years After Lehman's Collapse