TWO former Knight-Ridder executives have launched .xls, an Internet service that delivers quantitative information into a user's spreadsheet. The product, developed by Data Downlink, is being marketed to consulting firms, investment banks, money managers, commercial banks and information vendors.
Currently, .xls provides data from nine sources: Indepth Data supplies Securities and Exchange Commission filing data from 4,000 companies; Technimetrics, a Knight-Ridder company, provides shareholde
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming