BIG growth for equities order-matching systems has not abated--not for Reuters Holdings PLC, anyway. So far, in the first quarter of the year Instinet Corp. pulled in revenues of $67 million, a whopping 89 percent more than the Reuters unit logged in the first quarter of last year. Instinet's growth helped pull up Reuters' overall revenues, which increased by 15 percent.
Instinet's quarterly results were revealed for the first time last week, when Reuters commenced a new policy of disclosing
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act