PaineWebber Inc. two weeks ago began distributing its equity research via Bloomberg terminals. The signing of the firm represents Bloomberg's latest assault on Thomson Financial Services Inc.'s First Call Corp., which still overwhelmingly dominates the equity research distribution market. PaineWebber's decision is rendered especially intriguing because the firm is a shareholder in First Call.
The deal with PaineWebber is a cozy one: In addition to supplying its research, PaineWebber will
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground