GENEVA--In response to rumours in the market that Reuters is interested in acquiring Switzerland-based Brainpower, a little-known vendor of analytical applications, Brainpower's chief operating officer Mark Wells says the company is not for sale.
It appears that Reuters has shown an interest in the privately-held company with an eye to boosting its analytical applications in its 3000 series product line. A spokesperson for Reuters declines to comment. However, sources close to the company say
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II