This spring, the National Association of Securities Dealers' (NASD) trading system for private placements, Portal, introduced electronic trading to the previously cosy, $165 billion private placement market (TST, June 18). The American Stock Exchange responded with a proposal for a rival system, while the New York Stock Exchange is believed to be considering the same.
Each had its eyes on the potential of the previously hidden private placement market. But all along, Private Placement Inform
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse