New York-based agency broker and trading infrastructure technology provider Pico Quantitative Trading is rolling out Ottawa-based messaging hardware supplier Solace Systems' 3200 series middleware appliances to serve as the underlying data distribution layer for its trading infrastructure, which supports trading and risk management functions in multiple asset classes worldwide for Pico's sophisticated trading clients, and helps the firm meet its service-level agreements with clients.
In addition, the Solace appliances require a much smaller physical footprint than other solutions, allowing the firm to increase the capacity, functionality and geographic reach of its platform, says Pico chief technology officer Sonny Baillargeon.
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp