The vendor believes that just as changes to dates of corporate earnings or legal trials can have a material impact on the stock prices of the companies involved, movie release dates—and any changes to them—can be a leading indicator of revenues, and can impact a studio’s stock price.
“Our client base is looking at these dates as volatility events,” says WSH founder and chief executive Barry Star. “My hypothesis is that dates for these $100 million movies from big studios are more likely to have
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership