SAN FRANCISCO--Barclays Global Investors, the leading institutional index fund manager, is set to ramp up its already sizeable presence in the actively managed fund business by building a corporate data warehouse, expanding the number of analytics packages on its corporate intranet and hiring as many as 15 to 20 quantitative research analysts.
The corporate data warehouse will be used for asset allocation functions in the active funds management area. Another initiative will refine its
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground