Instinet Corp., the electronic brokerage subsidiary of Reuters Holdings PLC, last week signed a letter of intent to acquire Thamesway Investment Services Inc., the soft-dollar brokerage unit of Barclays de Zoete Wedd (BZW). The deal, expected to be complete by the end of September, is intended to extend Instinet's reach in international markets, particularly in Asia.
Instinet executive vice president Andy Baxter cites Thamesway's success at providing cross-border equity transaction services
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground