Pacific Equity Capital Management, an Oakland, Calif.-based investment manager, recently installed the Merrin Financial Trading System, a deal-capture system developed by Merrin Financial Inc. The system has allowed the firm to eliminate paper deal tickets from its trading room.
At Pacific Equity, MFTS can be accessed on any of 15 386-based personal computers on traders' desks. The PCs run DOS and are linked by a token ring local area network running Novell Inc. NetWare.
Traders at the firm, w
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit