After more than a year on the auction block, Fundamental Brokers Inc. (FBI), one of six interdealer brokers of U.S. Treasury securities, has been sold for an undisclosed sum, subject to regulatory approval. The successful suitor, MMAR Merchant Banking Group Inc. of Houston, plans to use Fundamental's screen network to distribute proprietary research services to its clients.
"We see a way to clean [Fundamental] up and position it to be a profitable business," says MMAR chief financial officer
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit