The custom software developer has teamed with Coller, a hedge fund based in London, on internal applications development.
Coller Capital, managing assets of about $10 billion, has specialized in secondaries─investments in previously-committed private equity funds─since its inception. The firm closed its sixth secondaries fund this year, winning $5.5 billion in that drive alone.
The partnership with DataArt was initiated in 2011, with the provider's staff working alongside Coller's IT team on software and applications to support the fund's front- and back-office operations. The development process includes an automated testing framework, and has tackled both new custom applications as well as the extension of existing functions.
"Our business evolves at an extraordinary rate which means as an IT team we have to respond quickly to meet the changing needs of the organization. DataArt's extensive domain knowledge, tested team and proven ability to deliver in tight timelines made them the ideal partner for Coller," says Howard Lask, CTO at Coller Capital.
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 166: Brian Lichtenberger on Alternative Data