Outsourcing can significantly minimize costs for European asset managers, but the situation is rather different in the east, where Stephenson believes that investing in new technology and personnel is key.
"Undoubtedly, entering a new market where you don't have the brick-and-mortars is expensive," he says, "but if you have a partner─a supplier─who can service you in those markets, then you will minimize costs."
Stephenson acknowledges there's been a shift of wealth to the Asia-Pac region in rec
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming