The relationship between the buy side and their sell-side prime services providers is tightening, though as Waters reported in November, not always without growing pains, with firms readying for a new swaps central counterparty (CCP) clearing framework.
Speaking at Waters USA last week, a panel of executives agreed that the future ecosystem isn't impossibly complicated; it just compresses the complication and presents it earlier, requiring both new tools and new scale.
Neil Monaghan, the panel's
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming