Prompted by a question from the audience during a panel on post-trade infrastructure, moderated by Laura Craft, co-chair of the FPL EMEA Post-Trade Working Group and director of equities and fixed income at Traiana, attendees said that concerns around time zone differences and trade practices would make it difficult to move to same-day settlement.
"There are foreign exchange (FX) considerations and securities lending considerations, I think T+0 is aspirational but regulators won't force us to do
A look at Nasdaq's potential acquisition of Cinnober and whether Wall Street has learned anything 10 years after Lehman's collapse?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 137: Bloomberg on Data Fragmentation
- Firms Vent Frustrations with Vendor Relationships
- Banks Fortify to Spin Money from Their Own Data
- Data Issues Still Seen as Higher Investment Priority than AI
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 138: Nasdaq-Cinnober Tie-up & 10 Years After Lehman's Collapse