Pacific Life Insurance Company, a life insurance company headquartered in Newport Beach, CA has selected Calypso Technology’s Calypso Collateral Management platform to automate and optimize its collateral allocation activities.
In the US, Dodd-Frank-based regulation has increased the focus on collateral management, as firms have to comply with added requirement around margin calls for over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives transactions. With the Calypso Collateral Management tool, Pacific Life will replace a number of largely manual legacy processes by an automated management system that allows for a better optimization of collateral allocation thanks to its real-time, centralized collateral inventory system.
“In Calypso, we have a solution that dramatically automates our collateral process and enables greater visibility of inventory across the organization while preserving our current technology infrastructure,” says Dominic Faso, head of treasury and investment operations at Pacific Life.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act