The LSE confirmed earlier this week that it is in exclusive talks to buy Russell, which it would likely combine with its existing index business, FTSE.
"LSE's acquisition is definitely part of its strategy to boost its traction in the North American market, which, in turn, is part of a wider strategy to increase its global footprint," says Virginie O'Shea, a senior analyst at research firm Aite Group. "The data and post-trade services parts of its business have proved reliable in terms of delive
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act