On June 26, Waters hosted a webcast to discuss one of the most pressing and important technological developments on the buy side in recent memory ─ the development of an investment book of record (IBOR) system.
Appreciable numbers of buy-side firms have either already started down the road to developing an IBOR or are in the throes of evaluating the practicalities and permutations of such potentially complex projects. And while there are only a handful of successfully completed "true" IBOR platforms across the global investment management industry, their benefits to the business and personnel ─ both front and back office ─ are potentially game changing.
The topics covered included:
- What are the operational "ingredients" that make up a typical IBOR framework, and what technologies and systems need to be incorporated before an IBOR platform can be considered a practical and operational success?
- What is the business rationale for implementing an IBOR, considering such projects are likely to be expensive, time-consuming and complex?
- Typically who within buy-side firms takes the decision to implement an IBOR, and what areas of the business need to be included in the planning and execution of such projects?
- What are the most onerous technology and operational aspects associated with typical IBOR implementations, and how can third-party technology vendors assist buy-side firms when it comes to planning and executing such projects?
- Typically where do most IBOR projects experience the biggest technology and operational challenges, and how can firms plan ahead to ensure such challenges can be mitigated?
- Todd Healy, Vice President, Head of Investment Operations, BMO Asset Management
- Paul Bibber, Regional Sales Manager, Advent Software EMEA
- Andy Butler, Enova Solution Manager, DST Global Solutions
- Moderator: Victor Anderson, Editor-in-Chief, Waters and WatersTechnology.com
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit