Fintech innovation was one of five elements Giancarlo discussed while giving an overview of an agenda he's called "Making Market Reform Work for America."
"I have also called for the CFTC to be less focused on the past and more on the present and the future of derivative markets. I have called for regulators to encourage distributed-ledger technology and financial technology innovation," Giancarlo said. "I have said that the CFTC's regulatory framework must catch up to 21st century digital marke
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech