Solvency II, the European regulatory initiative mandating risk-based capital requirements for insurance firms, is set to acutely affect asset managers when fully implemented at the start of 2014. Numbers tell the story: European insurance assets account for nearly €7 trillion ($8.5 trillion), much of it managed globally.
Two regulatory priorities—capital charge ratios (Pillar I) and disclosure requirements (Pillar III)—mean managers are likely to augment their product offerings and asset allocat
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse