Instinet Corp., the electronic broker/dealer powerhouse owned and operated by Reuters, is developing the technology to supply Financial Information Exchange (FIX) protocol-compliant modules to customers who request the capability. While Reuters downplays the significance of the move, Instinet's decision to accommodate the protocol represents an important seal of approval for the FIX consortium, which has been pushing its universal acceptance for over a year (IMT, Sept. 16, 1994).
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground