Franklin Resources, parent company of the Franklin Templeton mutual funds, spent $46.6 million on technology during the first quarter of its 1998 fiscal year, ended December 31, 1997. In the same quarter a year earlier, the company spent $25.8 million on information technology.
The jump was hardly unexpected or unusual for Franklin: Its technology budget has risen steadily since 1995, when it spent $73.7 million. In fiscal 1997, ended September 30, the San Mateo, California, company spent $13
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse