Cleveland-based TRW Investment Management Co., with some $2.5 billion in assets under management, plans to evaluate Barra Inc.'s Global Equity Model (GEM) software in its upcoming release. GEM is a database that can be plugged into the Barra interfaces. Meanwhile, the firm is on the verge of upgrading its desktop--going to Intel Corp. Pentium-class machines with Microsoft Corp.'s Windows 95 as the operating system. TRW Investment Management Co. is a subsidiary of TRW Inc.
Barra is not new to
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain